Thank you for your interest in Keytooles.com and for stopping by. I hope you find the site useful and come back often.
Keep reading to learn a little about me and how I got started in the SEO/SEM industry. If you are looking for info on how the directory is managed and our guest contributors program, check this out. ~Debra Mastaler
In 1998 I decided to stay home with two little kids after working almost 20 years in sales and marketing for two Fortune 500 companies. I had zero experience with the Internet or web design but I wanted to open an online business so I taught myself how to code and created a small directory selling organic food and clothing.
In the process of promoting my directory, I discovered search engine optimization (SEO) and quickly realized the marketing I had been doing was something called “link building”. I also realized I liked building links more than maintaining the directory so I closed it, apprenticed with an established SEO (Jill Whalen) to learn the ropes and in 2001 opened Alliance-Link for business.
Over the years I have implemented link building campaigns for hundreds of companies big and small and in almost every conceivable niche. In early 2015 I was certified in link building and as a link building trainer by OMCP. I’ve spoken at over 160 industry events and continue to conduct link training privately, at conferences and for Fortune 500 brands.
I’ve written for and have been featured in TechCrunch, PC World, Search Engine Journal, Search Marketing Standard, CIO, Web Marketing Today, State of Search, ComputerWorld, Search Engine Watch and Search Engine Land plus numerous books like The Art of SEO and Link Building by Garrett French and the late Eric Ward.
I have always wanted to create a tool directory and decided there is no time like the present so I launched Keytooles. I am still offering link consults and link building blueprints, use the contact form to learn more.
Here are a few of the interviews, ebooks, podcasts and videos I’ve done.
- Salesforce Blog – 9 SEO Experts Discuss…Future of SEO
- Stone Temple – Eric Enge and I talk about links
- CopyPress/Malcontent Podcast Link Building, errr I mean Content Placement
- Level 343 – Post-Penguin Linking with Debra Mastaler
- SEOBook – Interview with Link Guru Debra Mastaler
- Word Stream – Link Building Expert Interview Series: Debra Mastaler
- SEO Contrarian – Ari Interviews Debra on Link Building Monday
- Search Engine People – Ruud Questions: Debra Mastaler
- Bruce Clay Blog – Six Questions with Debra Mastaler
- Bruce Clay Blog – The Lowdown on Link Building with Debra Mastaler
- AimClear Blog – Tasty LinkBait: Debra Mastaler Interviewed
- CopyPress – Get Links-A-Building Featuring Debra Mastaler
Podcasts and Videos:
- The Business of Digital Podcast with Mat Siltala and Dave Rohrer
- Show Me The Links!
- SEMRush Link Building 2017
- SEO Dojo: Link Building Tips and Unnatural Linking Messages
- On Stone Temple Consulting Podcast: Debra Mastaler with Eric Enge
Follow me on Twitter for solid industry news and fresh marketing ideas @debramastaler.
Thanks again for stopping by.